Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Bold Italian
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno chile, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp
- 6 basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell papper, jalapeno, onion, vinegar, tomato juice and 2 tbls of olive oil.
- Season with couple drops of hot sauce and a few pinches of salt.
- Allow mixture to sit at room temperature for a least an hour or refrigerate for up to a day to allow the flavors to combine.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tbls of olive oil, the basil and the red pepper flakes.
- Allow shrimp to sit a room temperature for half hour.
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Grill shrimp, brushing with any extra marinade until just barely cooked through (about 2 minutes).
- Divide the vinigrette among the plates and set the warm shrimp on top. Serve immediately.