1/2 Photos of Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers
I suggest to use fresh shrimp for this as frozen thawed will create a watery marinade, do not marinade for longer than 30 minutes or the acid in the lemon juice will "cook" the shrimp, adjust the cayenne to suit heat level, I have left the Tabasco as optional you may add it or omit --- this shrimp is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl crush the garlic with coarse salt; mix in cayenne pepper and paprika.
- 2Add in olive oil and lemon juice; mix until combine, then add in Tabasco if using.
- 3In a large bowl toss the shrimp with the garlic oil until evenly coated.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 6Preheat grill to medium heat, then lightly oil the grill grate.
- 7Thread the shrimp onto the wooden skewers.
- 8Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until opaque.
- 9Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 190.6 mg
- Sodium 1148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 20.8 g