Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
I suggest to use fresh shrimp for this as frozen thawed will create a watery marinade, do not marinade for longer than 30 minutes or the acid in the lemon juice will "cook" the shrimp, adjust the cayenne to suit heat level, I have left the Tabasco as optional you may add it or omit --- this shrimp is very good!
- In a small bowl crush the garlic with coarse salt; mix in cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Add in olive oil and lemon juice; mix until combine, then add in Tabasco if using.
- In a large bowl toss the shrimp with the garlic oil until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat, then lightly oil the grill grate.
- Thread the shrimp onto the wooden skewers.
- Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
LOVE THIS RECIPE!! The changes I made (because I didn't have them) were Lemon Juice-->Lime Juice, Cayenne-->Caribbean Jerk Spice Mix, and I used a foreman grill because it is just TOO hot to grill outside right now!! I also used frozen precooked shrimp and I didn't have skewers either, so I just threw the shrimp on the foreman. Despite the changes, the recipe came out SOO good! I paired it with brown rice and broccoli and drizzled the cooked rice and shrimp with the marinade drippings from the grill. YUM!!!
Excellent - fast and easy to make. I actually did use frozen pre-skewered shrimp but was sure to pat them dry before marinading and they turned out perfect! I have made these twice the first I served with a simple salad but the second - well those were served over cheese grits, topped with scallions. DH, daughter and her beau are still over the moon about that dish, Needless to say, fast simple, delicious all add up to a regular item on our menu!