Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
I suggest to use fresh shrimp for this as frozen thawed will create a watery marinade, do not marinade for longer than 30 minutes or the acid in the lemon juice will "cook" the shrimp, adjust the cayenne to suit heat level, I have left the Tabasco as optional you may add it or omit --- this shrimp is very good!
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or use coarse salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or adjust to suit heat level)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce (optional and to taste)
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- lemon wedge
- In a small bowl crush the garlic with coarse salt; mix in cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Add in olive oil and lemon juice; mix until combine, then add in Tabasco if using.
- In a large bowl toss the shrimp with the garlic oil until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat, then lightly oil the grill grate.
- Thread the shrimp onto the wooden skewers.
- Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Made these for my Derby Party yesterday and everyone RAVED!! They were still talking about them this morning. I didn't marinate them for more than 10 min., I was nervous they would be overcooked. Came out great. Highly recommend!
Very easy. Just the right amount of spice!
Really good and super easy. Try it!