Recipe by Sharon the Rocket
Sports flavors of Bourbon Street - was in the 2/18/06 Post-Dispatch.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Oh WOW, Sharon, these are super delicious! Firstly, I kept tasting the sauce to make sure it was OK.....The skewers were totally awesome! The green onion threads were a great "gilding the lily." Thnx for sharing your recipe. Glad I got the opportunity to "adopt" you twice! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 1⁄3 cup creole mustard or 1⁄3 cup stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 bunches green onions
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare sauce: Combine mustard, orange marmalade and Tabasco sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare skewers: Cover bamboo skewers with water; soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Trip tops and white bottoms from green onions. Blanch green onions in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Drain skewers. Thread 2 shrimp and 1 sausage slice onto each skewer, twisting a strip of green onion around each skewer. Brush shrimp with Tabasco sauce.
- Cook skewers 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through, turning once. Serve with sauce.