Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a great dish, which can be used as an appetizer, by itself, or to accompany a steak or another meat you are grilling. Serves 4 as a main dish, and around 15 if served as an appetizer.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 5 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 32 large shrimp
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes prior to preparing shrimp.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rinse shrimp with cool water, and set aside, to drain excess water.
- Whisk together all ingredients except for shrimp.
- Let mixture stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp to mixture and let marinate for approximately 30 minutes.
- Prpare grill on medium-high heat.
- Thread shrimp on wooden skewers.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place on grill.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side or until pink and cook through.
I made these shrimp as a treat for my husband. He went wild and made me promise to make them again. I only made 15 shrimp and he gobbled them all up! I served it with a big garden salad and warm crusty french bread. A wonderful meal that will be a "repeat performance" in this household. Thank you so much Bratty for sharing a great recipe. :-)
LOVED IT!!! I only had 12 shrimp so I cut the recipe down. I also didn't have dry mustard so I used French's mustard. Delicious!! I'll be making this one quite often!
OMG, this shrimp was wonderful! There was no unit of measure for the lemon juice, but I used 1/4 cup of it. I was unable to find any sesame oil at the store, so just used extra olive oil. The flavor was superb with just the right amount of spiciness. I purchased a bag of medium shrimp containing about 60 of them, and this was the perfect amount of marinade for them. I'll definitely be making these again. Made for Grilling Special for July in the Photo Forum. Update, I had pulled up this recipe to make it again and realized I hadn't put any stars on it. Submitting my review again to add in the stars.