Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a great dish, which can be used as an appetizer, by itself, or to accompany a steak or another meat you are grilling. Serves 4 as a main dish, and around 15 if served as an appetizer.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 5 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 32 large shrimp
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes prior to preparing shrimp.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rinse shrimp with cool water, and set aside, to drain excess water.
- Whisk together all ingredients except for shrimp.
- Let mixture stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp to mixture and let marinate for approximately 30 minutes.
- Prpare grill on medium-high heat.
- Thread shrimp on wooden skewers.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place on grill.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side or until pink and cook through.
I made these shrimp as a treat for my husband. He went wild and made me promise to make them again. I only made 15 shrimp and he gobbled them all up! I served it with a big garden salad and warm crusty french bread. A wonderful meal that will be a "repeat performance" in this household. Thank you so much Bratty for sharing a great recipe. :-)
LOVED IT!!! I only had 12 shrimp so I cut the recipe down. I also didn't have dry mustard so I used French's mustard. Delicious!! I'll be making this one quite often!