This is a hot peppery one but nothing you should need to call the fire dept. about. Note: if using wooden skewers make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to using. If you skewer often you may want to invest in some reusable stainless steel ones.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minces garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and add shrimp. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Drain shrimp and discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp on skewers and grill over medium heat until shrimp is lightly charred and just-cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.