Recipe by Rumdrinker25
I was experimenting in the kitchen the other day, and this is what I ended up with. I topped the tenderloin with sautéed mushrooms and served it with steamed asparagus and white rice. Prep time does not include overnight marinade.
Top Review by rweisheit
My husband said this recipe was the BEST pork tenderloin he has ever had!! That says alot from a 7th generation hog farmer It was also very easy to make. I would like to try it with different kinds of meat. Thanks for sharing!!!
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon hot Chinese mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger (I used the bottled stuff)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- First, make the marinade.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, mustard, horseradish, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and onion powder.
- Shake well in a sealed container to blend.
- Place Tenderloin in a 1 gallon ziploc bag.
- Pour marinade over tenderloin in bag and seal.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill to medium heat, about 350-375°F.
- Remove meat from marinade.
- Reserve marinade!
- Grill tenderloin over medium heat about 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Internal temp should reach 170°F to be done.
- While tenderloin is grilling, heat reserve marinade in a saucepan to a boil.
- Combine a little water with a little cornstarch and slowly add to boiling marinade, stirring constantly to achieve a medium bodied sauce.
- When tenderloin is done, slice thinly and arrange on plate.
- Top with sauce & serve.