Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989. I am keeping it here for another day. 8 hour marinade. 217 calories per chop.
- 6 (6 ounce) lean pork chops, center cut, 1/2 " thick
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Trim pork chops and place them in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine water and next 10 ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the chops.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade; reserving marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Cook chops 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
This was a wonderful marinade! I only had 2 pork chops so I cut the marinade down accordingly. I didn't grill mine.... baked it in the oven for 20 minutes. Will make again!
I did a quick marinade on these using my vacuum container. The meat was very nicely seasoned, tender and delicious. The chops were served with steamed broccoli and grilled corn on the cob. Made for Smokin' Hot in the Diabetic Forum.
These are brilliant!