From Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989. I am keeping it here for another day. 8 hour marinade. 217 calories per chop.
- 6 (6 ounce) lean pork chops, center cut, 1/2 " thick
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Trim pork chops and place them in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine water and next 10 ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the chops.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade; reserving marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Cook chops 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.