Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a refreshing and easy side dish for a grilled meal of fish, chicken or pork.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- extra olive oil, for brushing on grill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- Heat the grill to high, brushing the grates with oil.
- Prepare pineapple by removing the tops and the skin.
- Slice into rounds, about 3/4 inch thick and remove the cores.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Brush pineapple slices with oil mixture.
- Place on grill, cover and cook 8-10 until charred and tender, turning once.
We loved the cayenne. Thank you for sharing this one.
We really enjoyed this! The cayenne adds a perfect heat to the sweet pineapple. The few leftover slices were delicious the next day, chilled. A keeper!
Yum!! I used canned sliced pineapple and a little less olive oil than 1 tablespoon, and I thought this was delicious! Will definitely make again; Thanks!