Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My family loves these. However I don't make them as often as I'd like. Great served with mashed potatoes and green beans on the side. Pol Martin Cookbook
- 1.62 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 lamb chops, trimmed of fat (2.5 cm thick)
- place all ingredients, except lamb chops in sauce pan. boil 10 minutes.
- place lamb chops in deep glass dish and pour sauce over them. marinate 1 hour.
- preheat barbecue at med-high.
- oil grill and add lamb chops. cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side. after meat is seared, season well and baste with marinade durning cooking.
You have excelled yourself with this recipe - to die for, for 3 of us I used 9 lamb loin chops and well all I can say only the bones and a the little fat on them was left. When making the marinade I had a memory spurt from another thread you daisy are northern hemisphere and I sort of gather tomato sauce is different to ours and I used what you would consider ketchup and maybe what I should have used was what consider a pasta sauce but anyway it was absolutely delicious cooked on an indoor grill on the stove top for about 5 to 6 minutes to each side and depending on what part of grill and thickness we ended up with well done for those that liked and pink on the inside for the others. Thank you for a great recipe daisygrl64, made for Edition 9 - Make My Recipe.
Tried it ..loved it...the marinade is so.close to perfect..!
Delicious!!I too, am from the northern hemisphere and when it says sauce, it means sauce and not ketchup. I had some of the mix left over and used it a few days later in a lamb stew. Excellent.