Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe will absolutely rock your world!!! This recipe goes in part with my Honeyed Lemon-Dijon Vinaigrette. I served this with Garlic Brown Rice and we were (almost) licking our plates clean. Excellent!!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs jumbo shrimp, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup honeyed lemon-dijon vinaigrette, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- lemon wedge
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Starting at tail end, butterfly each shrimp, cutting to, but not through, underside of shrimp.
- Combine shrimp, 6 tablespoons of Honeyed Lemon-Dijon Vinaigrette, and red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade.
- Sprinkle shrimp evenly with salt and black pepper. Place the shrimp, cut sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done, basting frequently with the rest of the marinade.
- Stove Method: Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add a bit of oil (1 tsp) and heat. Add prawns, with marinade to the skillet and cook until prawns are pink: about 4 - 5 minutes (don't overcook or they will be tough).