Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
I love hot wings, but was getting tired of the same old fried, hot sauce/butter coated wings. I came across this recipe on the Food Network. The wings are great and the Blue cheese dressing is the best I've ever had. Note: prep time does not include the over night marinade.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (chopped)
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken, drain, and pat dry.
- Place wings in a large bowl.
- Combine ingredients 2-5 and sprinkle onto chicken, toss, and sprinkle again. The more time you sprinkle and toss, the hotter.
- Cover and let marinate over night.
- Grill chicken over med-hot coals, turning once, until juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing on the side.
- For the dressing: Blend all remaining ingredients in a food processor. This is best done the night before so flavors can "get happy.".