Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love hot wings, but was getting tired of the same old fried, hot sauce/butter coated wings. I came across this recipe on the Food Network. The wings are great and the Blue cheese dressing is the best I've ever had. Note: prep time does not include the over night marinade.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (chopped)
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- Rinse chicken, drain, and pat dry.
- Place wings in a large bowl.
- Combine ingredients 2-5 and sprinkle onto chicken, toss, and sprinkle again. The more time you sprinkle and toss, the hotter.
- Cover and let marinate over night.
- Grill chicken over med-hot coals, turning once, until juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing on the side.
- For the dressing: Blend all remaining ingredients in a food processor. This is best done the night before so flavors can "get happy.".
Good flavor but not as spicy as it should be. Blue chees dressing was pretty good though.