Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple fish fillet for those with fiery tastebuds. Alternatively, opt for mild curry paste instead!
Make and share this Spicy Grilled Fish in Foil recipe from Food.com.
- 1 perch fillet
- 3 tablespoons curry paste (or more depending on your personal preference)
- 1 spring onion, cut 2cm lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small red onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grease foil with olive oil.
- Place fish over foil and slit 3 diagonal cut on the fillet.
- Rub curry paste all over fish and stuff the 3 slits with the spring onion and garlic.
- Sprinkle red onion all over the fish.
- Wrap fish in foil and grill till fish is cooked or when fish flakes when poked with a fork!
- Dig in!
We have a very hot curry paste, so I just used a teaspoon -- and it was still really spicy! We liked this, but did feel like it needed a little salt and lime juice. I also think we prefer a barbecue or baked method for fish, since it really just gets steamed in the pouch (I used parchment paper, but the foil would be safer). Sorry I didn't get a photo of it after it was cooked -- I dropped my camera and it broke right after the fish went onto the barbecue!