Recipe by Mirj
We make these all the time! Some marinades need just a short time, but this really tastes amazing if you let it take up space in your fridge for at least 12 hours, preferably up to 48 hours. They taste great at room temperature, so you can even cook them in advance. Prep time, as always, includes marinating time.
Top Review by bratty
the marinade really made these great. i added quite a bit more hot sauce, just because we like hot and spicy. otherwise, i did them exactly as the recipe said, and they turned out super. great flavor, and really juicy. can't wait to try this marinade on some some chicken kebobs, or just reagular chicken breasts. definately a keeper!
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the garlic cloves and crush into the salt and pepper to make a thick paste.
- Add the lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and hot sauce.
- Whisk in the olive oil slowly until well combined.
- Place the chicken wings in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Add the marinade and seal the bag tightly.
- Shake the bag well to coat.
- Refrigerate for 12-48 hours.
- Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 25-30 minutes while heating the grill.
- Grill over medium-high heat, flipping frequently and brushing with the marinade for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Do not brush the wings with the marinade for the last five minutes to make sure the juices all cook thoroughly.
- Throw away the marinade.
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or chilled (see how versatile this is?).
- The wings can be refrigerated for up to 2 days before serving chilled, or reheated.