1/3 Photos of Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
12 hrs 20 mins
We make these all the time! Some marinades need just a short time, but this really tastes amazing if you let it take up space in your fridge for at least 12 hours, preferably up to 48 hours. They taste great at room temperature, so you can even cook them in advance. Prep time, as always, includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- 2Add the garlic cloves and crush into the salt and pepper to make a thick paste.
- 3Add the lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and hot sauce.
- 4Whisk in the olive oil slowly until well combined.
- 5Place the chicken wings in a large sealable plastic bag.
- 6Add the marinade and seal the bag tightly.
- 7Shake the bag well to coat.
- 8Refrigerate for 12-48 hours.
- 9Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 25-30 minutes while heating the grill.
- 10Grill over medium-high heat, flipping frequently and brushing with the marinade for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- 11Do not brush the wings with the marinade for the last five minutes to make sure the juices all cook thoroughly.
- 12Throw away the marinade.
- 13Serve hot, at room temperature, or chilled (see how versatile this is?).
- 14The wings can be refrigerated for up to 2 days before serving chilled, or reheated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.3
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 472.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 20.9 g