1/1 Photo of Spicy Grilled Chicken Strips
Liven up your next barbecue with these tender marinated pieces of chicken breast, with a delicious spicy flavour. Very simple to make and fantastic hot or cold, ideal for picnics. I have used the marinade for turkey, pork fillets, prawns and even tuna steaks (cut marinade time down to 1 hour for fish). Serve with a bowl of yoghurt/cucumber/mint or a dip of sour cream with juice of 1/2 a lime and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 -4 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree or 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Slice the chicken breast into thin strips, about 1 inch wide and put into a bowl.
- 2Put all other ingredients (marinade) into a blender/liquidizer and whiz to a smooth paste.
- 3Mix the marinade thoroughly with the chicken strips, cover with cling film and leave in fridge for 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- 4Put grill to highest heat and spread chicken directly onto rack (leave marinade on chicken, don't wipe off), grill for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently, until almost black in patches.
- 5Note: You can also grill/broil this indoors, place a wire rack onto a baking sheet that has been lined with foil (to catch the drips) turn grill up to highest heat and cook 8-10 minutes.
- 6Recipe Idea: Try Chicken Kebabs, cube the chicken, marinade and just before cooking thread onto wooden skewers, remember to soak the skewers in water for an hour or so, before threading, to stop them burning.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Grilled Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 442.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 53.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: