Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my take on a very simple and popular dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces penne rigate, cooked and drained
- Coat chicken with cayenne pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and sauté for 7-10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and dried herbs; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and heat through.
- Drain and plate penne and spoon chicken mixture overtop.