Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe recently appeared in our local newspaper. We tried it and loved it! It's a great tasting and easy recipe to make, especially for camping. The hot chili paste gives it a nice bite but, of course, we added more than the one teaspoon called for in the original recipe. We served it with grilled vegetables and garlic bread.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot chili paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix marinade ingredients in glass bowl or zip-lock bag.
- Add chicken, mix well and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour. (We marinated ours all day).
- Brush hot grill rack with additional olive oil. Grill breasts 5 to 7 minutes per side or until done. Let chicken rest a few minutes, slice and serve. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
I stayed a little to long at my neighbors visiting so I didn't have time to marinate this. Instead I threw all the ingredients and chicken in a pan simmered until the chicken was done. Then I turned up the heat, cooked down the sauce and my supper was delicious. I can not wait to try this on salmon, I think this will be a perfect match. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup.
I have yet to try this on chicken, but it is amazing on pork and on salmon! Can't wait to try it on chicken, too. This is a really great marinade. Each time, I used a heaping teaspoon of sriracha chili sauce, and the meat was nicely flavored, but not really hot. Even the toddler could eat it. If you want it very spicy, you might want to add more hot chili paste. I will continue to make the recipe just as written, because something this good that the kids can also eat is always a winner to me. This recipe is going to get a lot of use at our house this summer!
Used 4 large chicken breasts for this recipe, & although I intended to cut back on the chili paste, I didn't, & for that oversite, I'm glad, 'cause the result was an ABSOLUTELY GREAT TASTING DISH! I set up the marinade early in the morning & didn't get back to them until almost dark ~ OUTSTANDING! Thanks for posting a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]