Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Atkins or South Beach friendly recipe suitable for all phases. net carbs 0 grams, protein 46 grams, fat 37.5 grams (depending on chicken piece) The chicken is covered in a tasty southwest rub and grilled or baked.
- Mix spice mixture (all ingredients except canola oil) in a food processor or by hand and set aside.
- Rub chicken pieces with olive or canola oil.
- Coat chicken pieces with spice mixture and rub some under the skin.
- Grill over medium heat for 35-45 minutes, turning as needed.
- You may also bake chicken at 350 ° F.
- for 40-45 minutes.
Dawn, Thanks for suggesting this recipe. I made it this weekend for "Atkins" friends, and they loved it. Said it had a nice spicy flavor. I left the cumin out, because DH dislikes it with a passion. I used 6 split (half) chicken breasts and baked them in the oven for about 35 minutes. Chicken was tasty & juicy, I'll definitely make this again.
This is a nice way to bbq chicken. I used boneless, skinless breasts. We just felt that with all the spices, the flavour would be more pronounced.