Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
Another winner from the catfish institute! Prep time includes marination.
Make and share this Spicy Grilled Catfish recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare a grill or preheat the broiler.
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, wine, mustard, chili powder, pepper, cilantro and salt in a medium bowl.
- Transfer half of the marinade mixture to another bowl and reserve for basting catfish.
- Add catfish to the first bowl; marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain fillets and discard marinade.
- Place fillets on an oiled grill rack or broiler pan rack.
- Grill or broil 4 inches from the heat source, basting with reserved marinade, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
OUTSTANDING!! I dearly love catfish and this recipe is just excellent. The marinade is quite zesty. I especially liked the white wine-lime juice flavor. The smell while grilling was pretty captivating. Thanks s'kat. My family and I are very happy for having tried this.
This tasted wonderful & it was so easy to make! I broiled mine but can't wait until warmer weather to try it on the Weber. Thanks for a great recipe!!
excellent recipe, i suggest using fresh ingredients as always, i hunt and fish so i am always looking for great recipes to prepare my game. again great flavor with this recipe!