Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Its hot and spicy. This unique rice is a must atleast once in a fortnight!
- 4 cups rice
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 6 cloves
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cardamoms
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 6 cups water
- 1 javitri
- Blanch spinach leaves, mint leaves and corriander leaves.
- Grind to a paste.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat oil.
- Add cloves, cardamoms, cinnamons, javitri and the ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for a while.
- Add chopped onions and slit green chillies.
- Fry till light golden brown in colour.
- Then, add the green paste.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the washed, cleanedand drained rice.
- Then add the water and salt.
- Cook till rice is done.
- Serve hot, garnished with corriander leaves.
This is a very nice reciepie, and its not too much of a hassels, for the spinach lovers this is one of the good reciepies to be added to thier list. thanks, Anu Hangal