Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adopted 8/8/06 Try at own risk until I work with it.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, diced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves (large dark outer leaves)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted and peeled
- Prepare rice using pilaf method.
- Cook until 2/3 liquid has been absorbed.
- Place remaining ingredients into blender with enough water to allow pureeing.
- Blend smooth.
- Add puree to rice and cook until all liquid is absorbed.