Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very tasy and simple dish to make. I had a this dish when I was India and this is my interpretation. I hope you enjoy.
- 15 ounces green beans
- 2 tablespoons mung dal
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sweetcorn
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 fresh chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces cold water
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander (optional) or 1 tablespoon of fresh mint (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat. When hot, add mustard seeds and cover with a lid until they have finished popping.
- Add mung dhal, onion and ginger and cook until onion is soft.
- Add chillies, chilli powder, green beans, read pepper and water stir over a medium heat until beans are tender.
- Stir in corn, coconut and lemon juice on a high heat until heated through.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped mint or coriander before serving.