Recipe by VeggieCook98
Perfect side dish for any meal!
Top Review by mersaydees
These are very good and the spices really come forward. I think a splash of vinegar might put these over the top for me. Thanks, VeggieCook98, for a green bean side dish I will reach for again! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap 42.
- 453.59 g green beans (trimmed)
- 78.07 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml ghee or 29.58 ml butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 in knob ginger (minced)
- 9.85 ml turmeric
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 44.37 ml sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the green beans, water, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a large pan, then add the garlic, ginger, and spices and cook for about one minute.
- Add the green beans. Water and all. Cover and cook 4-6 minutes, or until tender. Turn the heat off.
- Add the sesame seeds and cook (over no heat) for 2 minutes. Serve hot.