Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect side dish for any meal!
Make and share this Spicy Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb green beans (trimmed)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 in knob ginger (minced)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Put the green beans, water, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a large pan, then add the garlic, ginger, and spices and cook for about one minute.
- Add the green beans. Water and all. Cover and cook 4-6 minutes, or until tender. Turn the heat off.
- Add the sesame seeds and cook (over no heat) for 2 minutes. Serve hot.
These are very good and the spices really come forward. I think a splash of vinegar might put these over the top for me. Thanks, VeggieCook98, for a green bean side dish I will reach for again! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap 42.
Finally, a way to cook fresh green beans that I like! I liked the spice combo here, but I cut way back on the tumeric for personal preference. Will definitely keep this recipe handy as bean season isn't far away!
Spicy is right! These almost knock you over with flavor. I really like the cooking technique as well; I'm going to try it with other seasoning combinations. Thanks for posting!