Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fresh green beans, onions, bacon and a little cayenne make this a different way to serve up green beans.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain bacon and set aside, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Add onions and sauté until just tender.
- Add green beans and sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add boiling water to pan and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until beans are just tender.
- When tender, remove lid and turn up the heat a little higher and cook until remaining water is mostly gone.
- Add vinegar, butter, salt, and cayenne, to taste, and stir.
- Add bacon right before serving.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I cut the recipe down quite a bit for the 2 of us and a couple extra servings for lunches this week (3-4 servings total) I used 2 slices of bacon and 1/2 a small onion, 8 oz green beans, 1/4 c boiling water, 1 t vinegar, 1 t butter and lots of cayenne for my BF! He scarfed these down before anything else on his plate. Simply delicious, and really easy. Thanks again!
I doubled the recipe and cooked it on low for 5 hours in a crockpot. They ate it all.