1/1 Photo of Spicy Green Beans
Fresh green beans, onions, bacon and a little cayenne make this a different way to serve up green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain bacon and set aside, leaving drippings in skillet.
- 2Add onions and sauté until just tender.
- 3Add green beans and sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Add boiling water to pan and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until beans are just tender.
- 5When tender, remove lid and turn up the heat a little higher and cook until remaining water is mostly gone.
- 6Add vinegar, butter, salt, and cayenne, to taste, and stir.
- 7Add bacon right before serving.
- 8Garnish with a squeeze of lemon.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 177.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g