Recipe by maryL in Canada
I needed something low in fat and carbs to go with tacos. I didn't want rice or other starches so I came up with this recipe. You can make it as spicy as you want.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Delicious side dish! I used blanched fresh green beans, well drained, and they were not a bit too liquidy. Also, used low-fat sour cream and mayo and cheddar cheese. Will definitely make this again. Thnx for posting maryL. Made for Diabetic Forum Pool Party tag game.
- 4 cups frozen green beans
- 1 cup any salsa (I use medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup any hard cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix frozen green beans with the salsa.
- Put into sprayed casserole dish.
- Mix together sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and pepper flakes.
- Put on top of green beans and spread to make an even layer.
- Put grated cheese on top and then green onion.
- Cook covered at 350 for about 30 minutes.