Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I needed something low in fat and carbs to go with tacos. I didn't want rice or other starches so I came up with this recipe. You can make it as spicy as you want.
- 4 cups frozen green beans
- 1 cup any salsa (I use medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup any hard cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- Mix frozen green beans with the salsa.
- Put into sprayed casserole dish.
- Mix together sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and pepper flakes.
- Put on top of green beans and spread to make an even layer.
- Put grated cheese on top and then green onion.
- Cook covered at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Delicious side dish! I used blanched fresh green beans, well drained, and they were not a bit too liquidy. Also, used low-fat sour cream and mayo and cheddar cheese. Will definitely make this again. Thnx for posting maryL. Made for Diabetic Forum Pool Party tag game.
Very tasty and really easy to put together with things I usually have around. We found the sauce to be a little too liquid, maybe it was the type of salsa I used? I think I would try to tweak things to make it a bit thicker next time. Made for PAC Spring 2010.