1/1 Photo of Spicy Greek Pumpkin Soup
Great for using fall pumpkins. No pumpkins? No problem - use canned pumpkin and a bit less stock. Taken from Greek Cooking by Salaman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pumpkin into even sized chunks.
- 2Heat oil, cook leeks and garlic until softened.
- 3Add ginger and cumin, stir for another minute.
- 4Add pumpkin chunks and stock, season with salt and pepper.
- 5Bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- 6Process soup in blender or with immersion blender.
- 7Reheat gently, ladle into 4 bowls.
- 8Swirl a Tbs of Greek yogurt into each bowl, garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Greek Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 269.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: