Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sauce is yummy and spicy, easy to adapt and quick to put together. It can be poured over pasta or add some extra water (per recipe) and rice and cover it and leave it simmer to make a rice goulash.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast (99% fat free)
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 -8 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (more to taste, if you like very mild spice- use ancho instead- smokey but minimal heat)
- 1⁄2 cup water (1/2 cup with just meat, 1/4 cup with mushrooms)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- parsley, to taste
- basil, to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Sautee the meat, onion, garlic, pepper and mushrooms (optional) until cooked in the water.
- add tomatoes, spices, etc and stir occasionally - let it simmer for about half an hour to 45 minutes (you can cook pasta while this is being done if using as a sauce).
- If making goulash add 1.5 cups water, bring back to a bubble, then turn down heat, pour in rice and cover for 30 minutes until rice is cooked.
- serve and enjoy.