Recipe by Catnip46
These golden beets are roasted in the oven. They taste like candy and I sometimes eat them straight from the oven before they even make it to the table. When I make a smaller portion I just sprinkle on the cumin, paprika and parsley until I think it'll taste good.
- 2 lbs golden beets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 -3 tablespoons parsley flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cube golden beets.
- In mixing bowl add vegetable oil, salt & pepper, cumin, paprika and parsley (if using).
- Add in beets and mix thoroughly until beets are well covered with oil mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Spread beets on top of foil in single layer.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Serve warm.