Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This may be used in companionship with my Rosemary and Parmesan Shortbread ...soo yummy!
Make and share this Spicy Goat Cheese Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 -3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme (crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped Peppadew pepper
- Blend together goat cheese and half and half.
- Add thyme and minced peppers and stir well.
- Makes approximately 1 cup.
Yummy spread! I love goat cheese and this didn't disappoint. I couldn't find the Peppadew pepper, so after looking up substitutions, I used a bottled mild pepper. Thanks alligirl for being such a terrific PAC Spring 2010 host!
Now I am not a goat cheese fan at all, and I didn't know what a peppadew pepper was. I looked it up and it suggested pimiento as a substitution. But when I went to the grocery store, there were some nice, bright red peppadew peppers on the olive bar. The combination of these ingredients ended up being absolutely delicious! Next time, I think I would even double the recipe. Thanks for sharing this surprising treat. Made for ZWT7.
No access to Peppadew pepper but thought I might substitute jalapeno. Not terribly impressive-hold out for the Peppadew.