Recipe by Baby Kato
These onions are great warm or cold. This recipe makes a great appetizer, side dish, topping for fish, sandwiches, potatoes, soups, casseroles or salads. The sky is the limit, a very versatile dish. I hope you will enjoy this simple country dish.
- 4 onions, sweet, large (vidallia or bermuda, sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white balsamic
- 2 tablespoons sugar, dark brown
- 1 teaspoon curry (I use red Thai , but you may use your favorite paste or powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (may use fresh cilantro, garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in pan and add the onions, coat well with butter.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and red curry, blend well.
- Cook onions for 5 minutes, cover and continue cooking till almost tender, you want the onions to still be crisp.
- Remove cover and cook for 3 - 5 minutes longer until glazed.
- Next season with the salt, pepper and paprika.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley.
- Sooo good!