1/4 Photos of Spicy Glazed Sweet Onions
Baby Kato's Note:
These onions are great warm or cold. This recipe makes a great appetizer, side dish, topping for fish, sandwiches, potatoes, soups, casseroles or salads. The sky is the limit, a very versatile dish. I hope you will enjoy this simple country dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 onions, sweet, large (vidallia or bermuda, sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white balsamic
- 2 tablespoons sugar, dark brown
- 1 teaspoon curry (I use red Thai , but you may use your favorite paste or powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (may use fresh cilantro, garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, garnish)
- 1Heat butter in pan and add the onions, coat well with butter.
- 2Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and red curry, blend well.
- 3Cook onions for 5 minutes, cover and continue cooking till almost tender, you want the onions to still be crisp.
- 4Remove cover and cook for 3 - 5 minutes longer until glazed.
- 5Next season with the salt, pepper and paprika.
- 6Garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley.
- 7Sooo good!
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Glazed Sweet Onions
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g