Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Lovely as part of a buffet (then the recipe serves 8) or as the main part of your meal (serves 4) good with rice. Quite spicy but you can control the heat
- Whisk together chili sauce, honey, mustard, horseradish, oil, thyme and chili powder.
- Toss prawns in the marinade, stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the broiler.
- Place prawns in a single layer on a foil covered cookie sheet.
- Broil 2" from the heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn after 2 minutes.
- Do not overcook the prawns should be firm, opaque and slightly charred on the edges.
Beautiful! I made as described other than I didn't have tomato chili sauce so used a blend of ketchup and chili sauce that I thought would be similar. It made a quick and delicious main course served along with a salad.
One of those fabulous recipes that you are dying to find on Zaar to keep and get lots of GREAT compliments from friends and family! LOL! Made exactly as posted but I DID use a griddle pan on top of the barbie to cook them. I served these as a main course meal with a tomato salsa salad and lovely egg noodles - this was DEVOURED by Malcolm and my guests! (And me of course!) Made for Spicy Food in the Photos Forum for June 2009 - thanks AGAIN Bergy for such a great recipe - saved and a keeper for sure! FT:-)