Recipe by Cookin-jo
Everyone loves these almonds and they're very easy to make. I always use less cayenne and Tabasco than called for but if you like heat use the full amounts. Store in a freezer bag in the freezer. Great for hostess gifts!
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or a bit less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or a bit less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb whole almond (skins on)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring corn syrup, butter and water to a boil in a saucepan large enough to hold the almonds.
- Stir in spices.
- Add almonds and stir to coat.
- Place on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour.
- Stir every 15 minutes to distribute the glaze and separate the nuts.
- Cool and break apart any nuts that are stuck together.