Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Gooseberry Patch. These are good with Pumpkin Dip, or other sweet spreads.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Mix 1 cup sugar, the oil, molasses and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Divide dough into halves.
- Shape 1 half into 2 strips, about 15 by 3 inches. (You will have 4 strips).
- Place strips about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each strip with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until edges are light brown and tops appear cracked, 6 to 7 minutes for soft cookies, 8 to 9 minutes for crisp cookies; cool 2 minutes.
- Cut each strip crosswise into 1 inch slices; remove from cookie sheet.