I quickly threw this recipe together one night as an experiment. It resulted in sweet-and-spicy crunchy-coated moist chicken breasts, which DH gobbled down and professed his gratitude. I believe this coating would also be nice on salmon filets, obviously adjusting the cooking time to 10-12 minutes instead of 25-30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine crushed gingersnaps, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a wide bowl.
- 3Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- 4Coat the bottom of a baking pan with approximately 1 tbs. of cooking spray.
- 5Spray each side of both chicken breasts with approximately 1 tbs. cooking spray and dredge in gingersnap mixture.
- 6Lay chicken breasts side-by-side in baking pan. Sprinkle desired amount of leftover gingersnap mixture on and around chicken breasts.
- 7Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is done (juices run clear when pricked with a fork).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Gingersnap Encrusted Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 739.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butter-flavored cooking spray