Great if you feel a cold or the flu coming on. You can serve Hot or Chill and pour into a tall glass This spicy tea is a great way to begin or end any meal or to enjoy between meals. Given ginger's renowned antinausea and anti-inflammatory properties, the tea is especially comforting when you're traveling by boat,car or airplane. I've also made it without adding the tea.
- BRING the water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add gingerroot and lemongrass.
- Simmer for ten minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 bags or about 2 teaspoonfuls of your favorite herbal tea mixture.
- Taste and if it tastes too weak, continue steeping, if it tastes too strong add more water.
- Strain and sweeten with honey and add lemon to taste.
Delicious... The ginger and lemongrass give this a kick and it is refreshing at the same time. I used camomile tea as the basic tea. This will also be very good to drink when you have a cold, for its medicinal effect.It is easy to adjust to your own taste!
Woah! I forgot to sweeten it initially and feel like I got punched in the mouth. It's really nice. I used Jasmine tea as my base.
Thank you Rita! I have the worst sore throat today, and have been having chills and aches. Syrah recommended this tea to me, and I am enjoying it right now! Very soothing to the throat! I didn't have lemon grass, so I cut up a lemon and added that instead, and used linden flower tea with a bit of thyme thrown in. I'll be making more this evening! Thanks for a great recipe!