Great if you feel a cold or the flu coming on. You can serve Hot or Chill and pour into a tall glass This spicy tea is a great way to begin or end any meal or to enjoy between meals. Given ginger's renowned antinausea and anti-inflammatory properties, the tea is especially comforting when you're traveling by boat,car or airplane. I've also made it without adding the tea.
- BRING the water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add gingerroot and lemongrass.
- Simmer for ten minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 bags or about 2 teaspoonfuls of your favorite herbal tea mixture.
- Taste and if it tastes too weak, continue steeping, if it tastes too strong add more water.
- Strain and sweeten with honey and add lemon to taste.