Recipe by Ambervim
bon Appetite showcased this recipe from Portland's Grüner restaurant its fragrant, pleasantly spicy kick.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 lime wedges
- 6 cups soda water, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, red pepper flakes, salt, ginger, and 2 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, cover, and steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain ginger syrup into a jar and chill.
- Fill a 12-oz. glass with ice cubes.
- Add 2 tablespoons ginger syrup, squeeze a lime wedge into glass, and top with soda water.
- Stir to combine.