From "Food and Wine" magazine, September 2006 ed. I decreased the amount of oil used. This does require quite an inventory of ingredients, but it is worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1 tsp. minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (drained and diced)
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 head boston lettuce (leaves separated and rinsed)
- 11. Combine first 7 ingredients.
- 22. Stir-fry mixture over high heat, breaking up pork, and cooking through until brown (about 8 minutes).
- 33. Stir in remaining ingredients and remove from heat.
- 44. Serve family style with pork mixture in a bowl and lettuce leaves stacked on a plate.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ginger Pork in Lettuce Leaves (Wraps)
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.1
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 314.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 11.1 g