Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I already have a ginger/ nut Biscotti recipe here on Zaar but this one is much better - trust me. I got this recipe from "Nutters" they were giving away samples and this is wonderful. Store them in an airtight container in a cool place - or freeze
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 6 teaspoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted nuts, finely chopped (walnuts, pecans, pistachio - your choice)
- In a large bowl cream the butter& sugars together.
- Gradually add eggs beating all the while.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt,& spices, whisk to totally combine tthe ingredients.
- Gradually beat in as much flour to the egg mixture as you can with your mixer then add the last of the flour stirring in by hand.
- Stir in the nuts and ginger, use you hands, if necessary.
- Divide the dough in half, make two logs 12" long and 2" wide- have a fairely flat top.
- Places the logs 5" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in 350f oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Cut the biscotti diagonally or straight into 1/2" slices.
- Reduce oven to 325f.
- Place slices upright on your cookie sheet about 1/2" apart and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
The taste is super. I doubled the candied ginger and next time, I'm going to use slivered almonds instead of chopping them (this sould make step 10 easier!)
I made them last Monday, everyone loved it, my family, co-workers and even my boss. I will definitely make them again. Thanks for sharing. Ramadan mubarak.
I doubled the recipe, thanks again.