1/2 Photos of Spicy Ginger/nut Biscotti #2
1 hr 5 mins
I already have a ginger/ nut Biscotti recipe here on Zaar but this one is much better - trust me. I got this recipe from "Nutters" they were giving away samples and this is wonderful. Store them in an airtight container in a cool place - or freeze
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup hard margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 6 teaspoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 1/2 cups toasted nuts, finely chopped (walnuts, pecans, pistachio - your choice)
- 1In a large bowl cream the butter& sugars together.
- 2Gradually add eggs beating all the while.
- 3Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt,& spices, whisk to totally combine tthe ingredients.
- 4Gradually beat in as much flour to the egg mixture as you can with your mixer then add the last of the flour stirring in by hand.
- 5Stir in the nuts and ginger, use you hands, if necessary.
- 6Divide the dough in half, make two logs 12" long and 2" wide- have a fairely flat top.
- 7Places the logs 5" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 8Bake in 350f oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 9Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 10Cut the biscotti diagonally or straight into 1/2" slices.
- 11Reduce oven to 325f.
- 12Place slices upright on your cookie sheet about 1/2" apart and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ginger/nut Biscotti #2
Serving Size: 1 (1103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 90.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: