Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A while ago I saw this recipe on the BBC good food site but it's no longer available so I figured I'd share it here. Serves 6 and only 74cal per portion!
- olive oil, to serve
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25 g gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 red chili pepper, finely sliced (I use 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 150 g red lentils, rinsed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt, to serve
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion carrot and celery for 5 minutes
- Add the garlic, ginger root and chilli and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder with 4 tbsp cold water. Stir constantly for 2 minutes Add the lentils and tomatoes into the pan.
- Refill the now empty tomato tin with water and add to the pan (repeat this 3 times). Season. bring to the boil and then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a tbsp of low fat yoghurt (I prefer 0% fat Greek style yoghurt).