Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe calls for ground chicken but I will use ground turkey! From the "Quick Chicken" piece in the May, 2005, Good Housekeeping magazine.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 1 lb ground chicken (or ground turkey)
- 2 stalks celery, medium sized, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsley chopped
- 8 -12 large boston lettuce leaves
- In cup, combine soy sauce, ginger, sugar, crushed red pepper, and garlic and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken (or turkey) and cook 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up the meat with side of spoon.
- Add celery to chicken in skillet, and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water chestnuts and soy sauce mixture; cook 1 minute to blend flavors and then stir in peanuts.
- Divide the mixture among lettuce leaves. Fold the leaves over the mixture and eat out of hand (like a roll up).