This recipe calls for ground chicken but I will use ground turkey! From the "Quick Chicken" piece in the May, 2005, Good Housekeeping magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 1 lb ground chicken (or ground turkey)
- 2 stalks celery, medium sized, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsley chopped
- 8 -12 large boston lettuce leaves
- 1In cup, combine soy sauce, ginger, sugar, crushed red pepper, and garlic and set aside.
- 2Heat a nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 3Add chicken (or turkey) and cook 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up the meat with side of spoon.
- 4Add celery to chicken in skillet, and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water chestnuts and soy sauce mixture; cook 1 minute to blend flavors and then stir in peanuts.
- 5Divide the mixture among lettuce leaves. Fold the leaves over the mixture and eat out of hand (like a roll up).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ginger Chicken in Lettuce Cups
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 975.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 29.8 g