Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is just sooo good. Spicy, unique... Perfect for dessert!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Sift flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder and salt.
- Sit aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla and fresh ginger.
- Beat in flour mix alternately with Milk until completely mixed.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until cakes tests done.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Just the recipe I've been looking for. I added grated carrots and pineapple chunks and topped with cream cheese frosting. YUM! Thanks