Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite' by Melissa Clark
Make and share this Spicy, Garlicky Cashew Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml roasted salted cashews
- 88.74 ml chopped fresh cilantro, with some stems
- 59.14 ml safflower oil or 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper, seeded (or not, to taste)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1360.77 g chicken thighs (and or or drumsticks)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the nuts, 2 tablespoons cilantro, oil, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, jalapeno, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Smear on enough cashew mixture to coat the pieces thoroughly, but don't make it too thick or the sauce will fall off into your grill (set aside any remaining mixture).
- Let marinate at room temperature while you heat the grill or broiler.
- Or refrigerate for up to 12 hours before cooking.
- Preheat the broiler or grill.
- Grill or boil the chicken, turning frequently, until it is crisp and golden on the outside and done on the inside, 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 4 tablespoons cilantro and serve lime wedges and the remaining cashew mixture.