In 'In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite' by Melissa Clark
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, with some stems
- 1/4 cup safflower oil or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded (or not, to taste)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (and or or drumsticks)
- 1In a blender or food processor, combine the nuts, 2 tablespoons cilantro, oil, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, jalapeno, and 2 tablespoons water.
- 2Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- 3Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 4Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- 5Smear on enough cashew mixture to coat the pieces thoroughly, but don't make it too thick or the sauce will fall off into your grill (set aside any remaining mixture).
- 6Let marinate at room temperature while you heat the grill or broiler.
- 7Or refrigerate for up to 12 hours before cooking.
- 8Preheat the broiler or grill.
- 9Grill or boil the chicken, turning frequently, until it is crisp and golden on the outside and done on the inside, 20-30 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 4 tablespoons cilantro and serve lime wedges and the remaining cashew mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy, Garlicky Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 491.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 32.7 g