Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious meal of sautéed shrimp served over fettuccine with a rich, creamy white wine sauce. The red chili pepper flakes give this dish a nice bite.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (9 ounce) package fettuccine pasta, prepared as directed
- In small saucepan, whisk together white wine with juice of 1/2 lemon, lemon pepper, oregano, basil, and thyme. Reduce over medium-low heat down to about 1/2 cup.
- In skillet, sauté garlic in 1/2 stick butter for about 4 minutes.
- Add red chili pepper flakes to garlic/butter mixture and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp to skillet, cook until pink, about 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan, reserving leftover liquid.
- Add liquid from skillet to saucepan, whisking thoroughly, and raise heat to medium.
- Add 1/2 stick butter, sliced, to saucepan, continuing to whisk until melted.
- In separate ramekin or very small bowl, whisk together corn starch with small amount of half and half until smooth. Add to saucepan, continuing to whisk until entire mixture is smooth and begins to thicken.
- Add half and half to saucepan, continuing to whisk until thickened to desired consistency.
- Add to fettuccine, tossing until coated.
- Serve fettuccine on a plate, topped with sautéed shrimp.
Liked the flavor but my half and half curdled. Kept stirring and it came out of it but not sure why it happened. Only made half a recipe so maybe that was it or using fat free half and half.
This was quick and easy. Tasty, too. I didn't use nearly the amount of butter it called for, but it was very rich anyway.
WOW This is great! Great flavoring! Quite simple to make and look's terrific. Thanks Kerriedoll