1/2 Photos of Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Tomato Spaghetti
One of steve conant's recipe's, this is simple and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 lb shelled and deveined medium shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pint small yellow pears or 1/2 pint red grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a small skillet, cook the bread crumbs in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape the bread crumbs onto a plate.
- 2In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just barely al dente. Drain the spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil with the shrimp, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and crushed red pepper. Add the spaghetti and the reserved cooking water to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, tossing the pasta and lightly crushing the tomatoes, until the sauce is slightly thickened and the shrimp are cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- 4Transfer the spaghetti to bowls, sprinkle the bread crumbs on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Tomato Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.5
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 23.4 g